Saturday 5 April 2014

...in which I impersonate a musician...

A trip to South Wales to visit various relatives took us in the vicinity of old acquaintance George, a far better accordion player than anyone has the right to be. He hosts a singaround type session in Narberth, suitably between our respective parent's domiciles, and close enough to home for George for me to be able to borrow his double bass (every good home has one) and carry it under my arm to the bar...

Carrie took this panorama picture with her phone (inspired by Neil Herbie's work), and I think it sums up the evening pretty well - click for a better size. I'm having fun with a real bass (haven't really played one since sixth form), George is doing his thing, Adrian on the left is trying to work out the differences between his uke & my mandolin, and a lovely surprise was the trumpet on far right, which came into its own when Sue (on my right) sang Kirsty McColl's 'In these shoes'. The designated driver's orange juice takes a starring role - and so it should. ;-)

Boat, yeah, must write something soon...

No comments: